Purpose and Strategy of the International Business Studies Exchange Network (IBSEN)
Representatives from the business faculties of 10 universities representing Europe, Asia, and North America
- Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Czech Republic
- Hallym University, South Korea
- H. Asper School of Business (University of Manitoba), Canada
- Izmir University of Economics, Turkey
- Indian River State College, USA
- South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Université Polytechnique Hauts-De-France, France
- University of Cagliari, Italy
To increase intercultural competences and support professional growth of students and staff (academic and administrative) at multicultural level.
- To optimise, help, catalyse, and multiply the efforts for succeeding in academic internationalisation.
- To share and benefit from best practices, successes and challenges.
- To build and sustain efficient and productive long term international relationships.
- To foster innovation in teaching methodology based on applied research.
- To exchange student and staff among partner institutions.
- To develop active and fruitful working academic relationships among students and staff.
- To facilitate student cooperation among partners.
- To participate in international calls of various types.
- To support students seeking international internships/placements.
- To promote cooperation/alliances between companies, public organisations and universities.
- To arrange opportunities to discuss and share experiences.
- To establish formalised bilateral or multilateral agreements.
- To establish double degrees, joint degrees, and common academic programmes.
- To ensure the continuity of active membership and mutual support.
- To develop innovative teaching methods.
- To develop joint teaching material.
Concept for meetings:
- Twice a year (May and November) – the date depends on the host university
- 2 or 3 days
- each meeting will have 4 sessions (teaching, business/ institutions, internal meetings, interaction) – each one half a day except of business/ institutions
IBSEN meeting May 2019 at Hallym University, South Korea
IBSEN meeting November 2019 at Izmir University of Economics, Turkey
IBSEN meeting May 2020 via Zoom
For more information, please visit the IBSEN website: https://www.ibsen-network.com/